What are Chufas | Tiger Nuts?
Chufas, more commonly known in English as Tiger Nuts, are a type of tuber – a vegetable that’s grown in the ground, just like a potato, in the Mediterranean and Tropical regions.
To those of you who are new to Chufas you are in for a treat! These amazing little tubers are packed with vitamins, minerals, fatty acids, amino acids (click here to view the full nutrition table) and taste delicious as a snack, in recipes or when made into plant milk. They can be used by adults, children, students, people with diabetes, during pregnancy, people interested in health and fitness, vegans, to aid weight loss … and to complement a healthy lifestyle for everyone.
Whether you are pretty savvy about Chufas or not we invite you to expand your knowledge by visiting our Research Page. Our intention is to make our website a go-to place for “all things Chufa”. Please follow us on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn or our News pages for the latest Blog, Recipes, Events and Research.
Why You Will Love Chufa
- They are tasty. Chufas are sweet and absolutely delicious! Don’t believe us? Try them for yourself.
- They’re versatile. Chufas can be eaten as a snack or used to make milk, bread, oil, muesli, energy bars and more.
- They’re good for you. Chufas are a nutritious food! They are high in resistant starch; a prebiotic which helps to keep your gut happy and it lowers LDL cholesterol. They contain lots of fibre plus they’re rich in omega 9, amino acids, phosphorous, potassium, proteins and Vitamins E and C.
- They are good for the planet. Vegetable powered foods like Chufas, use less C02 than dairy or meat farming.
- They fit your life style. Chufas are free from gluten, wheat, nuts, grains and lactose and can be enjoyed as part of a paleo or vegan diet.
GOOD FOR YOU
FITS YOUR LIFESTYLE